Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tribal Dance Jam Interview on Tribal Dance Nation

Keli of Tribal Dance Nation asked me if I’d be available for an interview for her blog. She is planning to attend Tribal Dance Jam on Saturday, January 29, 2010, at REMO Recreational Music Center and wanted to share with her readers what to expect.

I met Keli, an Arizona resident, last summer when the TDJ Collective performed at Venice Beach Music Festival. She had just completed the weeklong American Tribal Style (ATS) General Skills (GS) and Teacher Training (TT) with Carolena Nericcio of FatChance BellyDance in Highland. I was facilitating a performance by the TDJ Collective (named after Tribal Dance Jam) where dancers from all over the area come together to perform without a rehearsal—100% improvisation. Keli, along with two other dancers joined our performance.

To my surprise, the interview was not on paper but on video. We coordinated our schedules and via Skype we chatted with each other.

The interview is in two parts. Keli refers to the event on her blog as “L.A. Tribal Dance Jam.” That happens to be a combination of the event and the name of one of my bellydance troupes. My troupe name is L.A. Tribal. The name of the event is called Tribal Dance Jam.”

Interview Part 1 of 2


Interview Part 2 of 2

No comments: